Good morning, Minneapolis! Thanks for studying Patch’s five-minute information to at the moment’s native tales.
First, at the moment’s climate: Sun by means of excessive clouds. High: 59 Low: 44.
Here are the highest 3 tales at the moment in Minneapolis:
1. New U.S. Attorney Andrew Luger introduced a brand new federal plan Tuesday to curb crime within the Twin Cities metro space. Luger stated carjackings in Minnesota will now be charged as a federal crime, along with different violent crimes. (KARE11)
2. The Supreme Court is planning to overturn Roe v. Wade, based on a leaked draft ruling reported by Politico. Abortion would stay authorized in Minnesota even when the ruling goes ahead. State Democrats voiced their help for abortion rights Tuesday. “Health care decisions should be between a woman and her doctor, not Ted Cruz,” Sen. Amy Klobuchar tweeted. (Patch)
3. Two individuals have been hospitalized Monday night time after a home fireplace within the Prospect Park neighborhood, fireplace officers stated. The fireplace was reported round 11 p.m. within the 100 block of Cecil Street Southeast. The trigger continues to be being decided. (CBS)
From our sponsor:
Hey, Minneapolis — want one thing carried out in your house? Check out our new Local Businesses characteristic in Minneapolis to search out top-rated native execs for gardening, plumbing, home cleansing and a lot extra!
Today in Minneapolis:
- Can Can Wonderland host a “Star Wars” theme night time: “May the 4th Be With You.” (4 p.m.)
- Wednesday Date Night at Day Block Brewing Company. (6 p.m.)
- Join Hennepin County Public Library for a digital gathering of poetry lovers (6:30 p.m.) or the BIPOC “Writer to Writer” sequence. (7 p.m.)
From my pocket book:
- A 2 12 months outdated from South Dakota is awaiting a life-saving liver transplant within the Twin Cities. (KARE11)
- The Minneapolis Park Board will host a public listening to tonight to debate potential names for the brand new park at 2905 4th St. Southeast. (Patch)
- The Minneapolis mounted patrol is mourning the lack of its horse Cabo, who died of colic final week. The horse was 24 years outdated and joined the patrol in 2009. (Paid supply: Star Tribune)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
That’s all for at the moment! See you tomorrow for an additional Daily.
— Georgi Presecky
About me: Georgi is a Chicago-based publication author and accomplice content material curator. She spent 5 years on the leisure beat for FF2 Media overlaying movie festivals throughout the U.S. Her characteristic articles have been acknowledged with awards from the Illinois Women’s Press Association and National Federation of Press Women. As editor-in-chief of the Lewis University newspaper, she and her employees earned honors from the Associated Collegiate Press and American Scholastic Press Associations. She started working for Patch in 2019.
Have a information tip or suggestion for an upcoming Minneapolis Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.